Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

New, looking for advice / insight

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I assume the breed is less wanting of lap time or was that just my cat?
As Rebecca said, depends on the cat. I have 4 savannahs 2 F2s an F6 and an F1. One of the F2s tolerates me and has been on my lap once in 8 years. The other 3 are velcro cats -- they want to be stuck to some part of my body 24/7. Usually all 3 want to be on my lap at once -- 54 lbs of hot purring spots. I love it.

Mine went in phases. From 12 wks to about 5-6 months -- always on lap. Six months to about 1-1.5 years -- too proud to be seen on mom's lap; 2 years and on -- must always be on my lap.

Good luck with your search for kittens (or as we affectionately call them "shittens") and keep us posted. Those of us who have reached our limit on cats live vicariously through others.

SFX Group

Savannah Kitten
Thanks, my cat wouldnt sit on anyone, however it did like to sleep near and touching most nights.... it also really like ear rubs for some odd reason.