Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

New owner of a savannah cat

Miss p

Savannah Kitten
Hello . My name is penny and I am a proud owner of an savannah cat of 3 weeks he is adapting very well but for some reason he like to nibble or bite my face to wake me up and sometimes during the day I think he's trying to tell me something ???? Does anyone else savannah cat so this ??? Ty

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Hi Penny, Welcome! How old is your new baby? We would love to see pictures, if you have them.

Lots of people have kitties that have special ways of waking them up. Mine likes to "mrr" early in the morning, and tickle me with her whiskers...usually followed by a kiss on the lips :confused:

Actually, I think there is a recent thread on this topic

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Is the kitty using nails? If not, be grateful. The little stinker is trying to get your attention! Be aware the kitten is in the early stages of training you.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
sometimes during the day I think he's trying to tell me something ????
I forgot to say Welcome. And he is trying to tell you something -- he's saying, "play with me, feed me, bow down to my superiorness, fetch" LOL. He is merely training you to be his personal servant.

Miss p

Savannah Kitten
We call him BAWS his given name is Boss lol well I guess that name is right on the bottom lol .. He's already trying to be the boss !!! Lol
BAWS will be 4 months old on the 4th of April I would post pics but not sure how to post them from an iPhone ...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Welcome Penny! As the others have said, your kitty is just trying to get your attention so that you will play, feed, love on him. I'm sure you will find his behavior included in this video: http://www.wimp.com/catsalarm/

To upload pics just click on the 'Upload a File' on the bottom right corner of the dialogue box (next to 'Post Reply') and follow the directions to include a pic in your post.