Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

New Teeth

Jim & Baghira

Savannah Super Cat
I noticed Baghira is getting his new teeth. He now has 8 fangs :eek:. Is there anything I should look out for or do??? I thought they would come in one at a time, but no he has to get all at once :-o.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I'm sure he looks extremely cute. That happened with all 3 of mine. The baby teeth should fall out or get swallowed soon. If they're still there in a few days, call and have a chat with your vet. If I remember correctly, mine held onto theirs for 3-4 days.

Jim & Baghira

Savannah Super Cat
Cool thx !! Seems he has a bit of the runs too :(. I read that it can also come from teething. Is that true? Well I´ll be watching my little buddy closely the next few days :not sure:.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Can you get some pictures? Rafiki had the double fangs as well and it was so funny looking. She had hers for about 5 days. Unfortunately most of our pictures were rather blurry. We were also disappointed that we weren't able to find any of her baby teeth when they fell out.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I've also heard that teething can cause diarrhea, have no idea of the physiology behind that phenomenon though... :uh oh:

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
LOL. He is a vampire kitty. His adult teeth are the little ones, I presume. If so, he'll probably be hanging on to the baby teeth until the adult ones are at least as big.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
When is Baby teeth come out it may sound VERY VERY Bad...I was out of town with Elsa when she crunched down on one... I about had a heart attack. No worries however... Just be aware.

sacred

Savannah Super Cat
To reiterate what others have said, the double fangs thing is totally normal. Zahra did this as well - and it lasted about a day or so before the baby teeth mysteriously disappeared.