Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Newbie here just wanting to say....

honeybergm23

Site Supporter
Hi, I may be new to the site but not so new to the breed. I'm a stay at home mom with 3 kids in school. Hubby who is training to be a taxidermist with my mother in-law at the Mean Woman Taxidermy. So right now bored is my middle name. This March will be 2 years of research, and now I'm looking for a breeder who is reasonable in price, so I don't have to get a small bank loan to pay. Kids ages are 16, 13, and 12. We live on a 5 ac. plot in the northern part of Hand County in South Dakota. Closest big town is Aberdeen and it's still 1 hour 45 min drive. Just the way I like living.. out in the middle of nowhere. At night all I can see are stars. No city lights!!

admin

Paige
Staff member
Welcome Honey!!!! That is how I would like to live as well :)

Take a look at our breeder directory and ask questions, advice, anything you wish!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Welcome Honey, I hope you find the perfect Savannah for your family! Do you happen to know the laws re: hybrid ownership in South Dakota? I've never been able to find any.

honeybergm23

Site Supporter
Welcome Honey, I hope you find the perfect Savannah for your family! Do you happen to know the laws re: hybrid ownership in South Dakota? I've never been able to find any.
From what I found out as long as the cat is TICA reg. it's considered a Domestic cat. So my thoughts are it's a go from here.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
From what I found out as long as the cat is TICA reg. it's considered a Domestic cat. So my thoughts are it's a go from here.
Do you have any reference to the statute that addresses this? Or a referral who told you this? I help maintain the HybridLaw website so am always trying to find updated information.

honeybergm23

Site Supporter
Do you have any reference to the statute that addresses this? Or a referral who told you this? I help maintain the HybridLaw website so am always trying to find updated information.

I asked CAROL SCHULTE of Asiarose Exotics this is what she emailed me. "you don't need one for hybrid cats....they are considered domestic in sd with the tica reg.."