Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Presenting: Yuki and Yeti

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Zombie cat Brainz.JPG Yuki2.JPG Yuki4.JPG Yetiairport.jpg OtherKitten.JPG Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,
I welcome you to a most spectacular event. Tonight we officially welcome into our fold two young F5 cats. The lovely Yuki and the gentle Yeti. May we have a round of applause, or applesauce if you prefer, for our newest Savannahs.

Yuki, who operates a hair styling business can be seen in both subdued and bright lighting. She is 3 years old and is protective of young Yeti. Today while at the vet she came running to his defense because he cried out when getting blood drawn and she had to be put in the cat carrier until the technicians could finish his examination.

Yeti, is still a little kitten of 13 weeks, but says when he grows up he wants to proudly display his jewels to a harem of fine ladies. /whisper - he doesn't know that come October he will be robbed of his precious gems - \whisper

So there you have it my good audience members, Yuki and Yeti, a promising and very fine team of furry Savannah friends.

Sincerely, your MC, Jim

Last edited:

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
:toasting: I raise a glass in welcome to Yuki & Yeti who worked their SV magic and firmly affixed their claws into Jim's heart. Yeti is a lucky kitten to have the experienced and lovely Yuki to mentor him into adulthood (and get stylishly groomed). Looking forward to seeing more pics of Yeti as he grows.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
:toasting: I raise a glass in welcome to Yuki & Yeti who worked their SV magic and firmly affixed their claws into Jim's heart. Yeti is a lucky kitten to have the experienced and lovely Yuki to mentor him into adulthood (and get stylishly groomed). Looking forward to seeing more pics of Yeti as he grows.
I second this and am grinning ear to ear not only because of this outcome, but because you, Jim, have just seen the tip of the iceberg of the powers these cats possess. Fasten your seatbelt, dear one, because you will be catering to these 2 in ways you never imagined. Soon you will find yourself decorating in early American Cat Tree, laughing over broken family heirlooms that you used to yell at all not to touch, noticing coworkers, friends and neighbors running for the hills when they see you coming for fear of having to sit through your hundreds of new cat photos. And believe me, you will take picture after picture of the cutest sleeping kitty, standing kitty, yawning kitty, jumping kitty, on the counters kitty, stealing dinner kitty, shredding curtains kitty, etc. etc, etc. The good news is Yuki will ensure you are appropriately coiffed for the times you make cameos in said photos!

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Ok, first mystery.

Yuki was performing her usual hair wrangling and applied far more saliva than usual and started rubbing her head vigorously against where all the drool was running down my head and ear. Then she started this growling much like a puppy makes during wrestling play. She was not mad at me or anything else as far as I could tell. She also stopped grooming a couple times to jump down and search the room still growling for a minute and then returned to keep up the strange ritual. Now she's back and purring like normal.

Could it be that she went hunting robotic rat that couldn't move on the burber carpet so I put it away? it was making a weird motor noise from not being able to move. I wonder if she was imitating it?

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Tort, They do growl for a variety of reasons. Don't be surprised when playing fetch you get a growl. They are not mad. That is not aggression. Mayhem growls when the doorbell rings. I freaked out the first time he growled at me, but he was so proud to be playing.
That vigorous rubbing is a nuzzle fest. Enjoy!