Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Nyah did not follow the rules

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
I read to her the rules on proper new kitten introductions. I explained to her Kovu had to stay in quarantine for 2 whole weeks when she howled outside the door of the room he is in. What does she do? She figured out how to OPEN the door. Thank goodness I was home and close enough to hear the door pop! Before I could make it down there, they hissed at each other, then went running around playing. I expected more fanfare! There was one moment where Kovu lifted his little paw with full intent to Serval smack Nyah, she responded by giving him the face- neck stretched up, ears to the side. He slowly put his little paw down and hasn't tried it again. I still don't let them play unsupervised, it was just too easy and I keep waiting for some flying fur, but nothing. They play hard, too. Savannah stampeding around the clock, over people, around people through people, they don't care! They even play hide and seek in the kitty tube, though Nyah did roll Kovu over when he was in the tube. She crawled under it and caused it to roll. I swear I heard her laugh.

Attached is a pic from "king of the cat tree".
image.jpg

Katniss

And her brother Crazy !
I read to her the rules on proper new kitten introductions. I explained to her Kovu had to stay in quarantine for 2 whole weeks when she howled outside the door of the room he is in. What does she do? She figured out how to OPEN the door. Thank goodness I was home and close enough to hear the door pop! Before I could make it down there, they hissed at each other, then went running around playing. I expected more fanfare! There was one moment where Kovu lifted his little paw with full intent to Serval smack Nyah, she responded by giving him the face- neck stretched up, ears to the side. He slowly put s little paw down and hasn't tried it again. I still don't let them play unsupervised, it was just too easy and I keep waiting for some flying fur, but nothing. They play hard, too. Savannah stampeding around the cthe lock, over people, around people' through people, they don't care! They even play hide and seek in the kitty tube, though Nyah did roll Kovu over when he was in the tube. She crawled under it and caused it to roll. I swear I heard her laugh.

Attached is a pic from "king of the cat tree".
View attachment 9701
Ha!! love the Savannah giggle, as I call it!!

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
I saw your little Nifty on the SE site. What a cutie he is! Kovu is actually a smoke, but very dark. He has silver that shows on his neck, and when you lift his fur up, you see the silver undercoat. In certain light and positions, his spots really show up. I am curious how his coat will change as he gets bigger, if it changes! But yes, we have the same kinda trend going on and it will be fun to watch how Nifty and Kovu grow up " together"!