Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Octagon Pet Pen

L

Lorre

I've had a 4.5'x5.5' tent for a few years that I can use to confine a cat for a short period of time. I just ordered this as an additional source. It works for travel or for queening or even confining a new arrival while in quarantine or while introducing to your other cats. It's perfect because it folds up flat after use and you can take it outside and soap it up and hose it off afterwards to keep it fresh. It also serves as an outside playpen for kittens when you want them to have fresh air. I think everyone who owns cats could benefit from having one (and no, I do not get commission, lol). One caveat, there are less expensive ones that have a Velcro bottom and those absolutely should not be trusted to a Savannah who will quickly figure out how to disengage it and set themselves free.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FC6Z5E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Cool! Thanks for the suggestion. We are looking for something to put in the back of our truck to acclimate our kids to being driven. I will have to measure to see if it fits.

L

Lorre

Cool! Thanks for the suggestion. We are looking for something to put in the back of our truck to acclimate our kids to being driven. I will have to measure to see if it fits.
It's just 46" wide at any given point so I think it would fit. However, it is very lightweight so you woul dhave to buckle it down with something heavy, or put rocks in it. lol

Rafiki

Site Supporter
It's just 46" wide at any given point so I think it would fit. However, it is very lightweight so you woul dhave to buckle it down with something heavy, or put rocks in it. lol
Heheh....my chubby little pixie bob might do the trick! lol

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks, Lorre! I love these tents. I sent one home once with a kitten that had to travel a lengthy distance and it worked great, as well as a being a safe area so the baby girl (a shy kitten) could bond with her new owners once home, and be contained and feel safe and large enough for a bed, litter box and food, water and toys.

For Rafiki: if this octagonal tent does not fit in your truck, you could try one of these:

http://sturdiproducts.com/pages/pop-up-shelters

I have the Sturdi Show Shelter, and along with using it at shows, I use it as a queen birthing crate, and also for when I travel long distances, the longest being 10 hours one way....this pop-up tent fits nicely across the length of car seat. I can also buckle it in through the handles on top.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I was looking at the sturdi yesterday. Do any of you know what the difference is between the show shelter and the Car-go one? It sounds like you can anchor the show shelter thru the top handles the same way as the Car-go one. The center divider would be removed in either case - Rafiki would go nuts if she could not snuggle up to Jammu. This would be for our truck and it has the crew cab so it is pretty roomy.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
The Car-Go style is smaller and built to sit on a car seat, the show shelter is larger/wider and hangs of the edge of most car seats.