Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official bloodline/ names of mother and father

MM3

Site Supporter
I've been sending emails to kitty 's breeder asking for proper paperwork for her. Which states name of mother/father etc. after months of emails, I thought I'd send ONE MORE! Christopher shirk finally answered me. Apparently if I'm not paying him for breeders rights is the way I can get the information I am requesting. Otherwise, I have to be content with a copy of her savannah level and price we paid. Is this how it really is?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Every reputable breeder I know provides registration papers for their kittens, otherwise you have nothing to document that your kitten really is a Savannah.

admin

Paige
Staff member
You can actually get the 5 generation pedigree from TICa and don't need Chris for that...as long as he registered your kitten, that is...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
But the kitten would need to be individually registered in her name in order for her to be able to order the pedigree, which it sounds like it isn't.

admin

Paige
Staff member
You can write to TICA...explain your predicament..if you do not get anywhere, I think I have mentioned this before...contact Susan Adler, who is the TICA lawyer and the MA regional director, which includes Pennsylvania

MM3

Site Supporter
You can write to TICA...explain your predicament..if you do not get anywhere, I think I have mentioned this before...contact Susan Adler, who is the TICA lawyer and the MA regional director, which includes Pennsylvania
Ok thanks. Yes, I remember you mentioning Susan Adler. I did speak with Susan on one occasion when I was requesting information on parasite testing before purchasing a kitten. Susan was short & a little on the defensive in relaying the information. But if it is necessary to contact her again I will. I just emailed Christopher and asked him if my kitty is registered. Who knows if he'll answer or not.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Ok thanks. Yes, I remember you mentioning Susan Adler. I did speak with Susan on one occasion when I was requesting information on parasite testing before purchasing a kitten. Susan was short & a little on the defensive in relaying the information. But if it is necessary to contact her again I will. I just emailed Christopher and asked him if my kitty is registered. Who knows if he'll answer or not.

Yes she is short - that is her personality...but she is the one to speak to...she is my regional director as well...

admin

Paige
Staff member

Instead of waiting for Chris to answer...just email TICA...go to TICA.org...look at contact us and send them an email.