Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ok to refreeze after grinding?

PLeonard

Savannah Adult
I'm going to be feeding a raw diet to our F4 kittens when they come home in two weeks. Just bought a nice big Weston 22 meat grinder. I would like to be able stock up on meat when it goes on sale and freeze it. After grinding the correct blend of meats it will be portioned into vacuum sealed bags. It will then be frozen for a 2nd time. Is freezing it twice OK?

Thanks,
Pat

admin

Paige
Staff member
I'm going to be feeding a raw diet to our F4 kittens when they come home in two weeks. Just bought a nice big Weston 22 meat grinder. I would like to be able stock up on meat when it goes on sale and freeze it. After grinding the correct blend of meats it will be portioned into vacuum sealed bags. It will then be frozen for a 2nd time. Is freezing it twice OK?

Thanks,
Pat

Pat, what meats will you be using?

admin

Paige
Staff member
Why beef hearts? It is recommended that the hearts and livers come from the same animal from which you are using the main muscle meat...many cats do not tolerate beef hearts...mine do not