Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Our foster, Sarabi.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
As much as I was hoping to keep Sarabi, it didn't turn out that way. Glenn was being a total ... meanie (haha, I'm sure the word I want to use isn't appropriate for this site) about keeping her, so adoption papers were never signed.

But its all worked out well for her. I got a call from the rescue asking to bring her back last Saturday & she found a home Sunday morning! :) The rescue gave the new family my name & number so I could receive updates. None so far, but I am hoping that they may contact me in the future.

Elijah is having a hard time with her being gone. More so than Kovu. I think Kovu is loving being the only one getting our attention now. lol But Elijah mopes around the house just saying, "Sarabi. I miss my Sabi-Baby". :( Hopefully Daddy coming home tomorrow will help take his mind off of missing her.

Attachments

If you are going to continue fostering, Ashley, just ensure you relate to Elijah from Day One that your foster is not YOUR kitty, but the Rescue's. Tell him that you are helping THIS kitty today, but tomorrow, you may need room to help THAT kitty and if you keep THIS kitty, you can't help more kitties. Kids are remarkably able to understand helping and when fostering is put into the context of helping out kitties and helping more kitties- versus just this one- they usually become pretty excited about it. We did rescue/foster for over ten years before our cattery started up.

And just remember- you guys did a good thing :D

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
If you are going to continue fostering, Ashley, just ensure you relate to Elijah from Day One that your foster is not YOUR kitty, but the Rescue's. Tell him that you are helping THIS kitty today, but tomorrow, you may need room to help THAT kitty and if you keep THIS kitty, you can't help more kitties. Kids are remarkably able to understand helping and when fostering is put into the context of helping out kitties and helping more kitties- versus just this one- they usually become pretty excited about it. We did rescue/foster for over ten years before our cattery started up.

And just remember- you guys did a good thing :D
Oh I know its a good thing. It was bittersweet. We enjoyed the time we had with her & she'll always be a special part in our lives, I wouldn't change it for anything.
And from day 1 I've told him we aren't keeping her forever (even when I was hoping Glenn would change his mind), that we letting her stay in our house until they can find her a new home. And about a week before we had to take her back I kept reminding him in X days we are taking Sarabi to her new home, but maybe after our vacation we can help another kitty for awhile.