Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Our new cat Sahara.

Bristol Lad

Savannah Super Cat
Introducing our new cat Sahara the Savannah. 13 week old and tired from our long drive home.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bristol Lad

Savannah Super Cat
Hello Brigitte,

Thank you and merry Christmas. Sahara is amazing and full of energy. We had a toilet problem earlier, she decided to go else where rather than her litter tray.

You are right about getting a decent picture!!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Kittens have accidents just like small children do. It's important not to shout at them or punish, but make sure they have regular access to a litterbox that is easily gotten into (not a huge high-sided one) that has litter they are familiar with (the same that the breeder uses). When you first pick up a kitten it should be kept in one room not give the whole house even if there are no pets to introduce. Make sure they are consistent with the box before letting out also...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Congratulations on your new family member - Sahara is beautiful! As Brigitte mentioned, you should be sure Sahara has easy access to the litterbox at all times until she learns the lay of the household. I don't know how large your home is but two (or more) litterboxes would not be unreasonable. Also, be sure you are using the same type of litter her breeder was using, some cats/kittens will reject a new type of litter - they're just not used to the texture or smell of it so don't recognize it as something to potty in so will seek out an alternative spot.

Bristol Lad

Savannah Super Cat
Patti,

I ended up buying the wrong litter to the one my breeder uses. Everything has been closed today due to Christmas. 1st thing tomorrow I'm going Sahara shopping in the morning.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Welcome Bristol! Sahara is adorable and I'm sure will bring much joy and happiness to you! great advice from everyone else, so just enjoy her!