Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Panting

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Can't see the video!

You need to change the privacy settings on your FB page so we can see this, or upload the video to Youtube.

missyhmg

Savannah Super Cat
I don't want to change my FB privacy so when I get home I'll try and get it on youtube and then put it on here.

Patti

Admin
Staff member

Had she just been playing or does she pant like that at rest? It is warm in your house? If this is happening at rest and it's not exceptionally hot I would have her checked out by a vet and make sure there isn't any underlying heart or lung issue.

missyhmg

Savannah Super Cat
He's very active and he just got done playing about 5 minutes prior to this video but He pants like this a lot. He never pants when he's sleeping or completely at rest. Why it does bother me though is because his brother which is also a F2 doesn't pant at all unless i get him really wore out. Ari is his name and he's only just turned 5 months old. Our home is air conditioned. It just bothers me because his brother doesn't do this.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Well then for your own peace of mind I would have him checked out by your vet, and if there is any indication that he has a heart problem (HCM) he should be seen by a vet cardiologist or at the least have an echocardiogram (heart ultrasound) done.