Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Paper Balls

VioletFae

Savannah Super Cat
I'm taking down the Christmas decor today, and Vivi insists on playing fetch with newspaper balls as I wrap glass ornaments. Cheapest toy, and probably her favorite. Does anyone else have a paper ball addict?

Here's a little video of her today:

http://instagram.com/p/iy47mTEogO/

Tigitodwitz

Savannah Super Cat
I'm taking down the Christmas decor today, and Vivi insists on playing fetch with newspaper balls as I wrap glass ornaments. Cheapest toy, and probably her favorite. Does anyone else have a paper ball addict?

Here's a little video of her today:

http://instagram.com/p/iy47mTEogO/
Aww Vivi is so pretty! Isabis definitely qualifies as a paper ball addict and Mosi isn't far behind. I actually keep scrap paper in the living room just to ball up and throw for them. :)

MM3

Site Supporter
OH YES!! Will give up all other toys for a small ball of paper. She only likes the baking paper that lines bakeware. I'm pretty sure because it keeps shape. What I'd like to ask here is my kitty somewhere had exposure to something that she could pull apart and eat. Looks like possibly carpet fiber, but can 't be sure. First this morning she coughed up a wad the size of a little finger and it was firm/ sold like a small finger. I was SHOCKED. I pulled it apart looked like dark poodle hair or as I already mentioned carpet fiber. It definitely was not a hair ball of her fur. Then 2 hours later she had a BM I took it outside to investigate and same dark fiber not solid but through out the BM(sorry to be so graphic but need to describe this clearly)quite a bit was present. Hard for me to understand how such an intelligent species can intentionally pull apart and ingest SO MUCH! I've yet to discover the source, been going nuts trying to solve this mystery. We did take her on a three day trip and she would retreat often going under the bed. Has anyone else had any experience like this?
She wasn't herself before she coughed up the long round one, but after that running, playing like usual. Awaiting next BM. Anyone have this experience?????

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Sounds to me like she's found something to ingest that is not at all good for her :-( If it doesn't resemble anything in your home then hopefully whatever she found under the bed wherever your trip was is gone either via BM or coughed up...and she's fine now.

MM3

Site Supporter
Thank you, she seems to be fine , had dinner.........Will be ready for next BM.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
OH YES!! Will give up all other toys for a small ball of paper. She only likes the baking paper that lines bakeware. I'm pretty sure because it keeps shape. What I'd like to ask here is my kitty somewhere had exposure to something that she could pull apart and eat. Looks like possibly carpet fiber, but can 't be sure. First this morning she coughed up a wad the size of a little finger and it was firm/ sold like a small finger. I was SHOCKED. I pulled it apart looked like dark poodle hair or as I already mentioned carpet fiber. It definitely was not a hair ball of her fur. Then 2 hours later she had a BM I took it outside to investigate and same dark fiber not solid but through out the BM(sorry to be so graphic but need to describe this clearly)quite a bit was present. Hard for me to understand how such an intelligent species can intentionally pull apart and ingest SO MUCH! I've yet to discover the source, been going nuts trying to solve this mystery. We did take her on a three day trip and she would retreat often going under the bed. Has anyone else had any experience like this?
She wasn't herself before she coughed up the long round one, but after that running, playing like usual. Awaiting next BM. Anyone have this experience?????
Ugh, what is most bothersome is that you have no idea what it is, how much of it she ingested, or if it's all gone yet. I would keep a close eye on her and continue to inspect her BMs and see if she passes any more. As long as she is her normal self I wouldn't worry too much, but if she seems to go off her food or loses any weight get her checked out asap.