Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Petcetera Harness

feedtheflame

Savannah Super Cat
I have seen this harness being used on Stewie cat (serval) and they have a really good choice of sizes when i went into the store. They velcro, and then have the strap over that to make sure it doesnt come undone. Has anyone used these on their cats? Im thinking to get one for my kitten, and will probably pick up an xs and sm, so if either one is too small i still have the other one, or if the xs fits i have the other one for when he gets bigger, lol.

http://www.petcetera.ca/Products/Dogs/Collars-Leashes/Leather/Love-Harness-XS.aspx

feedtheflame

Savannah Super Cat
I thought about the harnesses that are just simple straps, but did i see people saying that cats can slip out of those easier? Im just worried this might be too hot this summer? (it only gets to like, average 24-28 celcius)

admin

Paige
Staff member
I thought about the harnesses that are just simple straps, but did i see people saying that cats can slip out of those easier? Im just worried this might be too hot this summer? (it only gets to like, average 24-28 celcius)
I have been using the puppyone harnesses with no issues...also the hand made walking jacket by joykatz with no issue either. The petcetera harness looks very sturdy, but you may have to try it out and perhaps one of the others mentioned...

John Popp

Site Supporter
I've used the JoyKatz walking jacket and they've been great! Been through quite a few of them as Chongo has grown and its probably about time for a new one. Fitment on any walking jacket or harness is critical as if they can get their shoulder free they can slip out of them. So it's pretty important to make sure the torso strap is pretty snug up against the shoulder area.

feedtheflame

Savannah Super Cat
I've seen a lot on the joykatz harnesses, but im not too crazy about how they look, and i dont have time to wait for it in the mail, i want to get him started on a harness as young as possible

John Popp

Site Supporter
I've seen a lot on the joykatz harnesses, but im not too crazy about how they look, and i dont have time to wait for it in the mail, i want to get him started on a harness as young as possible
I really don't care how they look I just want them to function and keep my cat safe. Never had to wait more than a week to take delivery of a Joykatz walking jacket and if I grow tired of the way they look I just use their reversible feature and go to black. Next time I order one up I think I'll get two different prints just in case Chongo starts getting concerned about what the neighbors think of him for always wearing the same clothes.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I really don't care how they look I just want them to function and keep my cat safe. Never had to wait more than a week to take delivery of a Joykatz walking jacket and if I grow tired of the way they look I just use their reversible feature and go to black. Next time I order one up I think I'll get two different prints just in case Chongo starts getting concerned about what the neighbors think of him for always wearing the same clothes.
I need to order one for Taj...I have been using another one and I like joykatz much better...Taj outgrew the original joykatz about 2 years ago ;)