Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

poka-dots are cool!

chewie

Savannah Child
Just creating a post for the fun of it now that I have my questions posted in the health section about my 10yr old Savannah named Chewie.

Who else finds the way a spot turns to a tiger stripe based on how their cats body is placed? Chewie has always amazed me with the way his camouflage on his coat changes and it took me a few years to get used to it when he was a kitten and young cat.

I also notice that the season tends to play apart of it with his spots getting lighter in the winter compared to his summer coat...seems that he looses a lot of the darker colored hair in his shed right before winter starts.

I find it interesting that when company comes over they always are very taken with how his coat 'transforms' just by stretching out or curling up for a nap.

I'm working on getting some pictures posted but you will all have to hang in there with me until I get a new laptop as I'm down to just my phone at the moment and can't post them from my phone.

Thanks for reading and share some 'transformer' spot/stripe pics please!

Ben

Patti

Admin
Staff member
That's a really interesting observation! I guess I've just always taken it for granted that the pattern 'shifts' with the movement of the cat, but it can be fascinating to watch!