Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Poor Amara

David Z

Site Supporter
Well Amara got rushed into the vets this morning. She was acting very weird even for her, hissed and growled at me for the first time ever and would not let me near her. Didn't eat much yesterday either.

Vet did a examination and found 2 of her lower inscissors are lose and bleeding.
All her other teeth looked great.
She goes in Monday morning to get them pulled along with xray to check her jaw and some bloodwork. She has some pain medication to get her threw the weekend.

She had me freaked out this morning with how she was acting, now she's pissed and sulking from the vet visit.
Don't know what the spaz did to loosen her teeth.
Hoping Monday goes well

John Popp

Site Supporter
Possible she jumped off a counter with something in her mouth? Hopefully, she is eating OK for you and hopefully, she won't need them pulled at all.

David Z

Site Supporter
She finally ate few min ago, about 30min after her pain meds, she ate like a lil pig still wants nothing to do with me tho, she's usually like that after a vet trip tho.

David Z

Site Supporter
Just got home with Amara she is minus 2 teeth, groggy and grumpy. Xray was good, blood work was great.
I'm not sure but I have a theory on how she messed up her teeth not 100% sure tho.
2 weeks ago she learned how to open doors, she is sneaky and won't let me watch her do it so I'm thinking she's using her mouth to grab the door handles.
Hoping whatever she done she don't do again.