Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Possible Breeder?

Kii

Savannah Kitten
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site, I've been looking at getting a Savannah for a while now, I found a breeder relatively close to me and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them? Any advice would be great!
The breeder: http://www.savannahcat.ca/

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Lisa was very active on our Savannah email lists for some years and seems to be a breeder dedicated to "doing it right". I would think she was a good person to start a conversation with about a Savannah for you :)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Yes, Lisa has been around for years, and has always seemed to be a very conscientious and passionate breeder. I would have no concerns purchasing from her.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Hi! I looked into Spots on the Lake, but ended up falling in love with a kitty from Exotic Tails. Are you from Niagara Falls?

Kii

Savannah Kitten
Hi! I looked into Spots on the Lake, but ended up falling in love with a kitty from Exotic Tails. Are you from Niagara Falls?
No, I'm from Ottawa, but it's not all that far away, a decent drive that I would not mind making for a future pet.

MM3

Site Supporter
Don't know breeder, would CERTAINLY ask if a stool culture is done as part of the "health certifying " process. If the answer is no. I would ABSOLUTELY require it if you decide to buy from this breeder. In the best interest of your new baby which you want upon possession a healthy kitty. So the little one isn't dealing with health issues and separation and relocation! What your looking for is a PARASITE FREE KITTY! Then your all starting out on the same balanced ground. When the starting flag drops & your life as started with your new little one......love .... Love .....love your kitty .........they are to live for!!! Your dream relationship is about to begin, it is like NO OTHER BOND! And I have only been living my dream relationship for 6 months, I have an enchanting lifetime ahead.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Don't know breeder, would CERTAINLY ask if a stool culture is done as part of the "health certifying " process. If the answer is no. I would ABSOLUTELY require it if you decide to buy from this breeder. In the best interest of your new baby which you want upon possession a healthy kitty. So the little one isn't dealing with health issues and separation and relocation! What your looking for is a PARASITE FREE KITTY! Then your all starting out on the same balanced ground. When the starting flag drops & your life as started with your new little one......love .... Love .....love your kitty .........they are to live for!!! Your dream relationship is about to begin, it is like NO OTHER BOND! And I have only been living my dream relationship for 6 months, I have an enchanting lifetime ahead.
MM3, not every breeder needs to do a stool culture...some of you bought your kittens from BYB...some of you were told the kittens were sick and had diarrhea...you cannot paint the entire savannah breeding community with such a broad brush...and if you insist on a test that a breeder does not normally do as part of their routine, you will probably be asked to pay for it.

How about checking out the breeder completely before buying? Do your research, ask questions, ask for references if you need to and ask here or other lists...

MM3

Site Supporter
MM3, not every breeder needs to do a stool culture...some of you bought your kittens from BYB...some of you were told the kittens were sick and had diarrhea...you cannot paint the entire savannah breeding community with such a broad brush...and if you insist on a test that a breeder does not normally do as part of their routine, you will probably be asked to pay for it.

How about checking out the breeder completely before buying? Do your research, ask questions, ask for references if you need to and ask here or other lists...
The breeder I purchased from was/ is not a BYB. I was not informed of the kitty I had put a deposit on was sick. I would of been happy paying for the test .....it would of made it all different!!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
No, I'm from Ottawa, but it's not all that far away, a decent drive that I would not mind making for a future pet.
Just got home from Ottawa! The drive isn't too bad....100% worth it. Zeddie and I go to Ottawa often as my sister lives there. When are you looking to get your kitty?

Kii

Savannah Kitten
Just got home from Ottawa! The drive isn't too bad....100% worth it. Zeddie and I go to Ottawa often as my sister lives there. When are you looking to get your kitty?
Within the next year. I'm just waiting for us to move into the new apartment before we get one.