Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Pouncing

Todd L

Savannah Super Cat
Dunno but it happens to me a lot. Lol. My sv will attack me till I wske up and play fetch with him. Usually around 4am when n a good dream.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Is pouncing on me while I'm in bed at 5 AM a sign of affection, or is it predatory behavior?
I'd have to say it's play, so would fall under both? I'd never get any sleep here if I let my cats sleep with me at night lol. They get to "snuggle" (which really means pounce all over me), while I'm reading, but they get kicked out of my room when I'm ready to actually sleep.

L

Louie'sDad

Thanks all. Yes, I do put him out if he persists at that ungodly hour. Sometimes he settles down and lets me go back to sleep, but if it goes on for more than 5-10 minutes, out he goes.

Of course, that's not including the fact that he carefully measures my queen bed and always lies down dead center of it. When it's time for me to get into bed, I gently nudge him towards one side. Sometimes he sees this as play, and sometimes he remains immobile. Always full of surprises!

ambiente18

Site Supporter
my cats jump and play, when I go to sleep. They begin to fight for a place under the covers next to me. And my favorite male Ambiente wakes me at 5.30 in the morning sometimes (very often),starting peeing on me;)

A

Alice

Omg your cat wakes you up by peeing on you?!! That's terrible! Mine has done that..... She doesn't come in my room anymore! If I can help it.....