Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Primal Pet Food: Complete Raw Diets

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I've tried the formulas and mixes before but my kitties are fussy eaters and don't like it when there are veggies and stuff mixed into their food. I see they have just the ground meat, but not seen that in the stores here to try...

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
This is what I feed, but she only likes the venison and rabbit. I am giving her a few canned to ad more fat based on the advice I got here. She is picky so that is still trial and error. She did eat the weruva Peking duck and a few bites of a chicken one from tiki cat.

D

Dantes

I fed primal as a primary portion of their diet for a loooong time...and then they changed how they processed the food which did something to it so now the boys barely eat it. They flat out refuse to eat the chicken, will nibble on the turkey, and occasionally eat the beef. (I've tried other flavors like Rabbit and Quail and they were a big waste of money.) Currently feeding Radcat now, but after a few months it seems they're losing their taste for that. I try to rotate with other things (Weruva, Instinct, Stella & Chewy, Tiki Cat, Lotus, homecooked chicken, etc) so it can't be that they're bored. They get better food than I do lol Currently have SmallBatch Rabbit (they refused to eat the chicken) and Answers chicken on order, we'll see.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Question for those with finiky eaters. Do you play with them right before feeding to get their hunting instincts revved up? I wonder if that would take away some of the picky behavior by overiding it with the kill instinct.

admin

Paige
Staff member
My cats will not touch Primal :(

That is a good question, Jim! It has been suggested by cat behaviorists that this is a good thing to do...unfortunately, IMO, the only time anything really mimics something that can trigger the kill instinct is to feed whole prey.

D

Dantes

Question for those with finiky eaters. Do you play with them right before feeding to get their hunting instincts revved up? I wonder if that would take away some of the picky behavior by overiding it with the kill instinct.
Almost every day.