Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Printer vs Amara vs Me afterwards

David Z

Site Supporter
So I have a Canon ts9020 and Amara hates it, the printer automatically sends out the paper tray and retracts when's it's done.
Amara stares at it and get so angry.
Today I was printing and she was staring at it, I went to touch her and she about did a backflip, I think I scared her cause she was so focused on figuring out how to kill the printer she didn't relize it was me, after landing she jumped back up.
I reached my hand out and she started smacking my hand hard, no claws just a smack with force was a pretty hillarious interaction.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Too funny, I would have loved to have seen that back flip! Sounds like you need to desensitize her to the monster...
None of my cats are afraid of my printer but I have one who loves to attack the paper when it is coming out, especially if I am printing on two sides and it goes back into the machine - he is a stealth hunter so half the time I don't even spy him sneaking up to the printer until I see him lunge for it... then of course I have to start the print job all over again...

MM3

Site Supporter
What wonderful private entrainment. Hope desensitizing works, less insentence stress and less attack mode. I also would of enjoyed seeing the impromptu back flip!