Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Procrastination

admin

Paige
Staff member
Guys...if you want a kitten, buy the kitten...procrastinating will get the kitten sold and you will be disappointed.

This has happened to me twice with this recent litter and I feel terrible disappointing people, but so many people will ask you for a contract, never send it back and you are left hanging...so I can no longer take people at their word..when I receive my questionnaire back, a contract and deposit, it is a done deal...

Trish Allearz

Frankly, they don't want to commit and that's their loss. Whomever it is. I feel bad when it happens too, but I also bend over backwards working with people and a lot will screw you over without a thought.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

admin

Paige
Staff member
Frankly, they don't want to commit and that's their loss. Whomever it is. I feel bad when it happens too, but I also bend over backwards working with people and a lot will screw you over without a thought.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Yep...I feel terrible, but at least Dia will be in NJ ;) And yes, people ask you for a contract and say they want the kitten and you never hear from them again...so yeah, once it happens, it does not happen to me again :(

admin

Paige
Staff member
Yep...funny, three people wanted him, but didn't send back questionnaire right away...and now they are all upset...oh well...that is the way it goes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Lesley

Site Supporter
You are absolutely right. People can't leave you hanging and expect the kitten to still be there.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Yep...funny, three people wanted him, but didn't send back questionnaire right away...and now they are all upset...oh well...that is the way it goes
Simple, first come (with the money), first served.
And I have played this game. The brothers were the result. I put down money prior to the birth in anticipation for Mayhem. And I knew going in, there might not be a male born. Money was refundable in that case, so I wasn't gambling.

Trish Allearz

Simple, first come (with the money), first served.
And I have played this game. The brothers were the result. I put down money prior to the birth in anticipation for Mayhem. And I knew going in, there might not be a male born. Money was refundable in that case, so I wasn't gambling.
BUT I will say- it's hard when you build a relationship with people and allow yourself to sympathize with them. I HAVE waited for people when it's the right home and I will surely do it again, BUT people have also lost out on great deals with my babies in the past too by procrastinating (my blues- oh- people have kicked themselves hard for their inability to commit in the past).

cbain

Site Supporter
I paid a deposit up front, the breeder charged me in full when the kitten was shipped . As the old saying goes Money talks, Bull Shi* walks

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Like you, Trish, I've waited for some to make a decision as I really felt it was the right home...but there were some that eventually I had to give a deadline to and say that after that date the kitten would be available to other homes. It's sometimes hard to find the compromise between making sure the kitten finds a home in a timely manner and giving someone the time to make up their mind...as you do want them to be certain and have thought it through!