Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

puffy tails

tracy7d

Savannah Child
Hey all
Does anyone else's savannah puff their tails up and the fur up their backs, when they get really excited or happy.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hey all
Does anyone else's savannah puff their tails up and the fur up their backs, when they get really excited or happy.

Hi Tracy,

yes, most of our savannahs and cats do this...can you please add an avatar or choose a gender so we do not have to look at a question mark? Thanks

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Yes, it's very common, they will also poof up their tail if they are scared or feeling threatened.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Zeddie puffy tails when she is scared, smells another cat outside, or plays hide and seek. Its so cute when she is playing hide and seek...we are constantly trying to outsmart each other. I bet you can guess who wins...

tracy7d

Savannah Child
I've seen them do it when they are startled, angry, or threatened, but not happy. The first time he did it I just about died laughing. The DSH likes to play fetch when the others let him.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
Mine are puffy tail fanatics! They poof their tails when happy (like when you come home....from a 5 minute trip to the mailbox and they were sure they would never see you again), when playing and they did something bad, or when something scares them (the funniest is when one scares the other by jumping on them while sleeping and the sleeping kitty flies 8 feet in the air, coming down looking like a puffer fish). Here is a picture of a Nyah poofy tail: image.jpg

tracy7d

Savannah Child
The hubby gave him beef jerky, his tail puffed so much you couldn't hardly see the stripes. Hubby never had cats before and didn't know that if you feed them on you they are pests, now they won't leave him alone when he's eating. There are a lot of good looking cat pic.