Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Purchased snow F6 sbt kitten. Over priced? Opinions?

Alicia may

Savannah Kitten
I've placed a deposit on this cute f6 sbt snow savannah kitten from a breeder. She is the most adorable thing with blue eyes and I'm more then happy to bring her home. She has priced her at 4000 which at first I thought was reasonable since she said that only 1 in every 100 savannah kittens were born snow. After doing some reading I see f6 sbt going for alot cheaper, I've also read that tica doesn't recognize this colour because the serval isn't snow. After reading the bill I also have to pay an extra 200 ontop for spaying her. Just wanted the opinion of others if thats the going rate or not.
Thanks

Attachments

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Probably should have done that reading BEFORE signing a contract and putting down the deposit.

As you have now learned, the reason that this is a "rare" color has more to do with it not being an accepted color hence most breeders try to avoid it, or don't aim to produce it. It's a pretty coloring but wow $4,000 seems a lot for a pet F6 kitten :-(

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Probably should have done that reading BEFORE signing a contract and putting down the deposit.

As you have now learned, the reason that this is a "rare" color has more to do with it not being an accepted color hence most breeders try to avoid it, or don't aim to produce it. It's a pretty coloring but wow $4,000 seems a lot for a pet F6 kitten :-(
I agree 100% with everything Brigitte said.

But is that $4000 USD or CAD?

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Well since that's about $3000 USD right now it's not quite as high as it initially seemed.

But I do know of a Canadian breeder that has VERY nice F6 SBT's on a regular basis in TICA permissible colors, that go for less than $2000 USD as pets. And you can get F4's in the US for less than $3000 USD.