Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Question about Fitz

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
Fitz was using the litter box and randomly shot out and ran around the room. He jumped up in our bed (which has been a slow time coming). He had flung poo onto the wall so I got up to clean it. When I looked back at him he had total airplane ears going. He looked scared or embarrassed? Idk if I'm over analyzing or if he is acting weird. Any advice? He acted a little weird for a while but now is on the bed and laying down.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Did he look like he was straining or having a hard time going? Are his stools firm or loose? It could be that he simply realized he'd done a no-no by getting poop on the wall and felt bad. Glad he's back to his usual self.

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
I didn't even know he was in the box so I'm not sure if he was straining. His stools have been solid and normal. When he ran he took a path over my nightstand and me and I'm pretty sure I made a shocked noise lol he looked so pitiful afterwards :/ now he is getting up and laying on the bed for like 30 seconds then getting down and walking around then back up..

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Mine will do that crazy run around when it happens to them. Must feel really icky and scary to have your poop follow you around

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
Mine always run from the litter when they are done. Jengo runs and the calmly walks back into the room and gives me a look like that smell is ME! Biz is doing it now too! I always assumed it could be a more "wild" trait, like trying to get as far away from the smell as possible so they can't be tracked by other animals. Although they both like to blame their poop smell on the humans.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I think it's a boy cat thing. My fat older Ocicat boy does the "shit and run"...pooping, then racing out of the room the litter box is in like demons are after him. He doesn't cover, either, and often has a bit of poop stuck to his butt afterwards, if it doesn't fall off on the floor during his mad escape. I am always wiping his butt with baby wipes. Usually, my DSH girl will give him a look of utter disgust and go in and cover his poop before I get a chance to scoop it out. I know of other boy DSH cats that do the same.

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
I think it's a boy cat thing. My fat older Ocicat boy does the "shit and run"...pooping, then racing out of the room the litter box is in like demons are after him. He doesn't cover, either, and often has a bit of poop stuck to his butt afterwards, if it doesn't fall off on the floor during his mad escape. I am always wiping his butt with baby wipes. Usually, my DSH girl will give him a look of utter disgust and go in and cover his poop before I get a chance to scoop it out. I know of other boy DSH cats that do the same.
My boys have a poop war going - they poop on top of each others poop and neither bury it. So gross. Boys!

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
It must be a boy thing! He doesn't do it every time but when he does I just crack up!! and then of course go scoop.. smelly boys :rolleyes: