Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Jua Ini Cattery San Diego

michelle newhouse

Savannah Teenager
Hi, I'm new to this community and will be getting my first Savannah Cat this weekend. I have chosen to pick my Savannah from Jua Ini Cattery in San Diego. I was curious if any members from this site have gone through them. The owners seem very wonderful and genuine and I'm just counting down the days till I get to head over there. Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with this breeder.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
My F2 silver (my avatar) is from Jua Ini. Sabira is a wonderful person. Pay attention to the kitten's interaction with those around it and with you. Is there eye contact? Does the baby seem outgoing and confident, curious about you and its surroundings. These are just a few signs of a well-socialized, non shy baby.

michelle newhouse

Savannah Teenager
My F2 silver (my avatar) is from Jua Ini. Sabira is a wonderful person. Pay attention to the kitten's interaction with those around it and with you. Is there eye contact? Does the baby seem outgoing and confident, curious about you and its surroundings. These are just a few signs of a well-socialized, non shy baby.
Thanks for the response. I am so excited. Sunday cannot come soon enough!

Kristine

I have known Sabira for years. She lives about 20 minutes away and met her first Savannah at my house. She is a very nice lady. I think she has some lovely cats too.

michelle newhouse

Savannah Teenager
I have known Sabira for years. She lives about 20 minutes away and met her first Savannah at my house. She is a very nice lady. I think she has some lovely cats too.
She seems very sweet. I've been emailing her with tons of questions and she has been very patient with me =) Thanks for the response!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I've met Sabira and known her mainly via email lists for years. I met her when she flew up to San Francisco to fetch one of her cats for rehoming. I felt that a good example of an ethical breeder that did not hesitate when SV Rescue contacted her but arranged to come and fetch back her cat to find it a great home from her place.

You have an advantage in being able to go to her cattery and meet the kitten in question. As Deborah says, check the kitten/cat out for shyness and sociability... although many times when a stranger enters the room even well-socialized kittens may run and hide or perch up high for safety, generally speaking they quickly show curiosity and will come to investigate or play with a wand toy.

michelle newhouse

Savannah Teenager
I've met Sabira and known her mainly via email lists for years. I met her when she flew up to San Francisco to fetch one of her cats for rehoming. I felt that a good example of an ethical breeder that did not hesitate when SV Rescue contacted her but arranged to come and fetch back her cat to find it a great home from her place.

You have an advantage in being able to go to her cattery and meet the kitten in question. As Deborah says, check the kitten/cat out for shyness and sociability... although many times when a stranger enters the room even well-socialized kittens may run and hide or perch up high for safety, generally speaking they quickly show curiosity and will come to investigate or play with a wand toy.
Thank you for your reply. She told me about the San Francisco cat. I was so impressed with that story, it really moved me. I feel like I've made a really good decision =)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Sabira has been a part of the Savannah community for years, and although she is not terribly active with it, she has always proven to be an honest and ethical breeder. I don't think you can go wrong with getting a kitten from her!