Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Rabbits4U

admin

Paige
Staff member
If you want fresh rabbit, beef, goat or other meats, this is the place for you! I have ordered from here and Carla gets her meats, chicks, quail, rabbit, beef, goat, la\mg, etc., from small farmers with no antibiotics, hormone free, etc. Highly recommend her!

http://www.rabbits4u.com

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I second Paige's recommendation. I just purchased goat and rabbits from her. The products are packaged beautifully. The rabbits are in pristine condition. Other places I've purchased from have sent me rabbits that look like they've been run over by a truck. And my boys are loving the goat -- much to my surprise.

It's a good idea to join her Facebook page because she runs specials there that don't appear on her internet page.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I second Paige's recommendation. I just purchased goat and rabbits from her. The products are packaged beautifully. The rabbits are in pristine condition. Other places I've purchased from have sent me rabbits that look like they've been run over by a truck. And my boys are loving the goat -- much to my surprise.

It's a good idea to join her Facebook page because she runs specials there that don't appear on her internet page.
Wow - they liked goat? How does it come? I may try it...

John Popp

Site Supporter
I have had good fortune with Haretoday.com, but I am certainly willing to give rabbits 4u a go. I always have reservations about feeding our cats animals that are larger than the prey animals they would naturally survive on. Also, when you get to things like goat, getting the nutritional snapshot of it becomes a lot more difficult.

Currently we are rolling through about 2 lbs of food a day. I normally like to have a 60 day supply on hand, although I am not sure I can accommodate it in our temporary housing. We have just ben doing chicken and rabbit, but are now faced with one cat that loves rabbit and the other chicken. I'd love to introduce a third meat to their diet, just not sure what and I have never had success with Turkey.

So let me know what you do as far as supplements and especially with the goat. I'm willing to give it a try as they need some more variety.

admin

Paige
Staff member
John... They have fresh rabbit... Chicks and quail as well... I no longer use hare today... And shipping would be much cheaper for you... Please use my name of ordering from there... I do not use goat but she has beef also which I will use... Cinny and Ixas eat beef

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
John, I feed a whole prey diet. The meat chunks I feed them as a meal occasionally are a treat to keep them from getting bored with the prey diet and to introduce a variety of proteins so they don't get hooked on just 1 or two. If my boys had a vote, they'd eat just chicken and quail. I don't want to risk that they will develop an allergy to either or both so they also get beef, goat, pheasant -- whatever I can find to add variety.

Because they get the meat only 1-2x week as a meal, I don't worry about balanced diet. The majority of what they eat is balanced so a couple meals a week of just meat is not an issue for them.

Servals are capable of taking down small goats and there are reports that they have done so in their native habitat in Africa. I am more concerned with variety in the cats' diet, due to dealing with IBD in one of them, than I am about the size of their native prey.

I stopped using Haretoday because of the inconsistency in quality I started seeing in my orders. I started getting a lot of freezer burned meat, packages that were torn, stuff like that. And no matter how many times I asked her to make sure she included extra ice packets, half the order would arrived completely thawed.

John Popp

Site Supporter
I'll give rabbits4u a go although I never had any issues with Hare-Today. About the only thing I ever recall was a whole pheasant that had some frost on it. The rest has been delivered timely but then again I could drive there in an hour and a half.