Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Rafiki is 5 years old today

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Happy birthday Rafiki! :toasting:

What a journey your life has been so far! Let's make the second five year boring and uneventful!!! (y)

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Happy birthday Rafiki! :toasting:

What a journey your life has been so far! Let's make the second five year boring and uneventful!!! (y)
Definitely! In July 2015, she was diagnosed with liver fibrosis and given 2-3 years to live. Cause was indeterminate. She battled pancreatiis and infection. In August I found an article about the difficulties of treating mycoplasma in the middle ear and started wondering if the mycoplasma infection could have been the cause. She goes back to the vet in March for follow up blood work but has been symptom free since the 6 week regime of doxycycline.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Backstory: When Rafiki was 2, she was diagnosed with liver fibrosis (thread = fibrosis of the liver). In 2016, both cats had issues off and on with liver enzymes so I knew that the cause had to be something contagious. Late last summer, I found an article about the difficulties of treating mycoplasma in the middle ear and it got me thinking about how the treatment for myco in 2015 had stabilized her liver for several months. I talked my vet into treating both cats for 6 weeks (due to the ear location) instead of the normal 2 that is recommended for respiratory. In November, Rafiki's bloodwork was normal but Jammu still had elevated ALT and AST.

The furkids went for their annual physical on Saturday that included blood work for liver enzymes. Just got the call from the vet - LIVER ENZYMES FOR BOTH CATS ARE NORMAL! Houston, we no longer have a problem! I am unbelievably happy right now!

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Backstory: When Rafiki was 2, she was diagnosed with liver fibrosis (thread = fibrosis of the liver). In 2016, both cats had issues off and on with liver enzymes so I knew that the cause had to be something contagious. Late last summer, I found an article about the difficulties of treating mycoplasma in the middle ear and it got me thinking about how the treatment for myco in 2015 had stabilized her liver for several months. I talked my vet into treating both cats for 6 weeks (due to the ear location) instead of the normal 2 that is recommended for respiratory. In November, Rafiki's bloodwork was normal but Jammu still had elevated ALT and AST.

The furkids went for their annual physical on Saturday that included blood work for liver enzymes. Just got the call from the vet - LIVER ENZYMES FOR BOTH CATS ARE NORMAL! Houston, we no longer have a problem! I am unbelievably happy right now!
That is great news Linda!!!!