Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Rant

NikkiA

Site Supporter
I spoke to a pet therapy coordinator I have never worked with before for the first time today. I spoke with his assistant on Friday, in response to their request to the organization where I volunteer for additional volunteers, and the coordinator called me to tell me they won't be screening D for their program. He told me on the phone that cat claws have always freaked him out. What the heck do you say to a PET THERAPY coordinator who says something like that?!?

I hate preconceptions and perceptions. The implication was that they would screen him if he didn't have claws. Just because a cat has claws doesn't make it dangerous. It makes it a wonderfully intact animal as God intended it to be.

In what world would the cat be certified and insured if it used its claws aggressively?

I needed to rant.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Never forget, common sense, is not common.
(Welcome to my world, I am in that environment every day....... the stories I can tell.........)

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Wow. Does he really think that you would want to volunteer with a vicious attack cat? Sounds like he needs to change his title to Dog Therapy Coordinator. And btw, I would take my chances with a SV any day over a chihuahua.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
Wow. Does he really think that you would want to volunteer with a vicious attack cat? Sounds like he needs to change his title to Dog Therapy Coordinator. And btw, I would take my chances with a SV any day over a chihuahua.
Hey now! I happen to know 2 chihuahuas who are obnoxiously friendly! :roflmao: They were raised by a GSD, so of course they are wonderful, and great big savannah cat fans as well!

As for this pet therapy guy, I hope he understands there are people who respond better to cats and he is robbing them of their opportunity.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Agreed - this guy is in the wrong line of business and needs therapy himself to overcome his phobia - what a dufus!!! I would consider complaining to his superior (if he has one)...

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Agreed - this guy is in the wrong line of business and needs therapy himself to overcome his phobia - what a dufus!!! I would consider complaining to his superior (if he has one)...
Seriously.
I'm going to let my pet therapy coordinator handle it. I made her aware of his comments, and I feel it will be better coming from her than from me.
She told me yesterday that visits at another facility by another therapy cat who had been visiting for some time have recently been blocked, and she thinks it may be the same individual who I spoke with who is preventing the cat from visiting. . .
Sometimes people amaze me.