Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Recipes for Homemade Raw Chicken, Beef or Rabbit Mix

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Hi Everyone!!
I get asked a lot to share my raw recipes, so thought I'd share them here as well. These are based off Dr. Pierson's recipes (http://www.catnutrition.org/recipes.html) with some adaption for what my cats seem to like best. They have some supplements included, which aren't really necessary if the raw is balanced, but I feel better giving them. I choose to grind my raw, but you can also just chunk it up if your cats will eat it!! (A lot of mine are LAZY or PICKY eaters and this way I know they can't pick and choose what they want to eat!).

Bon appetit!!!

Heather (and the NitroKatz Tasting Crew)

Attachments

• Boneless Raw Mix.pdf
    261.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Chicken Drumstick Raw Mix.pdf
    255.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Chicken Thigh Raw Mix.pdf
    255.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Rabbit Mix For Balanced Raw.pdf
    256.2 KB · Views: 21
Hi Everyone!!
I get asked a lot to share my raw recipes, so thought I'd share them here as well. These are based off Dr. Pierson's recipes (http://www.catnutrition.org/recipes.html) with some adaption for what my cats seem to like best. They have some supplements included, which aren't really necessary if the raw is balanced, but I feel better giving them. I choose to grind my raw, but you can also just chunk it up if your cats will eat it!! (A lot of mine are LAZY or PICKY eaters and this way I know they can't pick and choose what they want to eat!).

Bon appetit!!!

Heather (and the NitroKatz Tasting Crew)

So all the supplements listed in this recipe can be swapped out for the premade packets? Just trying to make sure I'm understand things correctly. Or is it best to buy them all separate?

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
So all the supplements listed in this recipe can be swapped out for the premade packets? Just trying to make sure I'm understand things correctly. Or is it best to buy them all separate?
Not sure which packets you mean. These are the only supplements I have used. And technically these recipes are all fully balanced without supplements, with the exception of needing the calcium in the beef recipe and I would always recommend adding taurine to rabbit since it is a low taurine meat and there is no such thing as taurine overload.

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Can fish be used in some way?
Some people use sardines. I choose to use Salmon Oil for the Omega since a lot of fish isn't really good for cats. (And I'm allergic to fish so I don't like being around it anyway!!)

I fed my 9 week old f4 savannah raw chicken, just a little bit and he threw it up. So I thought maybe he could handle all natural chicken packaged from pet smart, really good brand, he threw that up as well. Could be be allergic? Is that even possible? Everything else is ok. But the only brand I can get him to eat is friskeys, that's what the breeder had him on. Hopefully as he gets older he will let me change his food, I feed my American shorthairs wild blue brand.

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
I fed my 9 week old f4 savannah raw chicken, just a little bit and he threw it up. So I thought maybe he could handle all natural chicken packaged from pet smart, really good brand, he threw that up as well. Could be be allergic? Is that even possible? Everything else is ok. But the only brand I can get him to eat is friskeys, that's what the breeder had him on. Hopefully as he gets older he will let me change his food, I feed my American shorthairs wild blue brand.
That's very young to be in a new home, how long have you had him?

What type of Friskies does he eat? Canned or dry? It is recommended to keep kittens on the same food as the breeder had them in for at least a few weeks, then very slowly switch to what you want them to eat.

I'm not sure what type of "all natural" chicken you got at PetSmart but I would not feed any type of raw that I've seen them carry.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Chicken is one of the most common allergies cats have, so it's possible. With him being only nine weeks old I suspect that he was weaned early, and just like with human babies, if you introduce solid foods before their guts are ready to handle it, they are more prone to developing food allergies.