Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

restromm...

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
Hi,

When i'm or my girlfriend going to restroom, Abbas come very fast to jump on the toillet or on my girlfriend. He is very interesting about it...since three weeks.

What i need to do ?

Thank

Rafiki

Site Supporter
We are not allowed to go to the restroom in private - either Rafiki comes in or causes all sorts of commotion at the door. We caved in early on and simply deal with it. On the bright side, Rafiki is unbelievably affectionate in the bathroom first thing in the morning. We get head butts, purrs, chatter, puffy tail and non-stop loving so I guess it is a good trade. If you actually want privacy to do your business, set the rules now.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I guess the question is, what do you want to do about it? This is pretty typical cat behavior. If you don't want them bothering you in the bathroom then as MM3 says you need to shut the door behind you, otherwise just put them down when they jump up.

D

Dantes

Put a litterbox in the bathroom next to the toilet and have a group pee.

That's what we do, anyway.

Then I wait for them to get done before I flush the toilet so they can enjoy watching the water whirl.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I wouldn't know what it is like to use the bathroom and not have an audience. If I try to shut them out, the paws under the door, the frantic scratching and pitiful whines from the other side make me forget what I was in there for...

Chris Elliott

Savannah Super Cat
All three of my cats like to visit us in the bathroom. I keep a variety of objects to throw in the bath/shower to entertain them once they've had their pets.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
It is fine as long as your kitten is not trying to dive into the bowl... in which case it can be messy and the reason for many kittens' first baths.... I've learned to stand up and slam the lid down fast for that reason.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
Abbas his litter box is in the restroom and if he is not in the same room with us, he cry.

When i want fix his behivior i said "Non" and i take off him.

My girlfriend she is more friendly so he game with her :/

Now Abbas is 5 months old.