Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

RIP Pampers aka "Pan"

Jacob Steel

Savannah Super Cat
Pan was my pet rat, she lived to be almost 3, which in rat years was old. She had 2 cancer surgeries so when she got the flu again 2 weeks ago I hesitated taking her to the vet, she was very scared of the vet. I walked in to see her this evening like every other to see she was no longer with me. I got her and her sister when I moved out of my parents place after graduating university. She's been with me ever since, through buying my first home, and starting my career. Shes going to be cremated and stored safely with her sister.

While her sister was outgoing, Pan never liked to leave the nest much, she would come out and hang out with me if her sister was around, otherwise she was always looking for a way back to the nest. When her sister was taken quickly from Cancer she soon after got hit by her first Cancer attack as well. After that she didn't like to leave the protection of her cage or hidey home much.

She was always ready when I came in even when cancer had taken most of her right side muscle to make her way to the entrance for pets and treats, even to her last day.

1IgINkm.jpg

Last edited:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Awww, Pan certainly had an eventful life, but was blessed to have such a loving friend in you.
RIP Pan

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Oh Jacob. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that your new kittens can provide the comfort that you need. It sounds like they came into your life right now for a reason. RIP Pan.

Renee

Savannah Super Cat
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose best friends, but it is apparent they had a wonderful life with you. Definitely a part of the family. They are in heaven watching over you now.