Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roses?

MM3

Site Supporter
My kitty has a burning desire to get to my freshly cut roses I cut and bring inside to display around the house. She tries to eat the petals. It's on the verge of obsession. Is it just her or are there others?

wfraser1955

Savannah Super Cat
Sounds normal to me, apparently flowers and plants of any kind are fair game to savannahs. Had to put ours away where loki couldn't get to them. Saying that, many plants are harmful if chewed upon, I myself prefer not to take the chance, so we enjoy our plants while they're still in the garden.

MM3

Site Supporter
Sounds normal to me, apparently flowers and plants of any kind are fair game to savannahs. Had to put ours away where loki couldn't get to them. Saying that, many plants are harmful if chewed upon, I myself prefer not to take the chance, so we enjoy our plants while they're still in the garden.
I found a way to hang flower vases on the wall. I keep an eye on her, if she ever shows interest and tries to jump, I also will enjoy them outside.

MM3

Site Supporter
Is there documentation anywhere about what flowers are toxic and repercussions when eaten?