Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Roundworms... again.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Hey all, any suggestions on what I should ask for at the vet to get rid of roundworms? They've been treated twice over the last year, but it looks they have come back again. Haven't seen any in stools, but the photo is what Ninja vomited first thing this morning with his snack.

We are about to start using Revolution on them instead of Advantage, anyone know if that will take care of an infestation, or is it just a preventative?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_3148.JPG

Abby2932

Site Supporter
How do they get roundworms? Do they go outside?

I don't know if Revolution is only a preventative or if it will also take care of a current problem. A solid reminder for me to give Odrick his first Revolution dose today LOL

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
How do they get roundworms? Do they go outside?

I don't know if Revolution is only a preventative or if it will also take care of a current problem. A solid reminder for me to give Odrick his first Revolution dose today LOL

No, they don't - but we do, and there is a huge feral cat population in southern Oregon so I assume we bring eggs in on our shoes, or the two treatments they've had didn't work completely.

I trust the advice given here over internet searches, or our vet, who is kind, but has never seen SVs before.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Apparently, Advantage now makes a formula similar to Revolution, and both say they will treat worms, but are not the same chemical - which is the safer/better option? Or, would it be better to get actual dewormer from the vet? We really don't want these coming back!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Yes on now and in two weeks, but I have never dosed my cats monthly, usually every 3-6 months. However, check with your vet (and/or manufacturer's recommendations), if you are having a chronic problem it may be a good idea to dose them more frequently for awhile.