Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannah as a therapy cat

Vito

Site Supporter
Hi everyone, just wondering if any of you guys have ever had experience or knowledge of Savannahs as therapy cats?
Many years ago I used to volunteer to take my old boy (RIP) (non Savannah) to visit patients in hospital as a therapy cat. I have recently been thinking about perhaps doing the same with Vito. He is so loving and friendly with both adults and children, and to be completely honest, he is bombproof in nature.
Obviously at the moment due to the Covid situation all such activities are suspended , however when things eventually get back to normal it is something I'd like to consider doing with Vito, I really think he would make a good therapy cat and would sail through the assessment test. I'm certain that a visit from him would brighten up anyone's day. So really just wondering if any of you have been down this route before with your Savannah. All comments greatfully appreciated.

Attachments

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Kristine Alessio had a Savannah certified as a therapy pet some years ago. I believe there was someone else as well but can't think of who that might be at the moment. Savannahs are just like any other domestic cat breed, they either have the personality to be a therapy cat, or they want nothing to do with it...

Vito

Site Supporter
Kristine Alessio had a Savannah certified as a therapy pet some years ago. I believe there was someone else as well but can't think of who that might be at the moment. Savannahs are just like any other domestic cat breed, they either have the personality to be a therapy cat, or they want nothing to do with it...
Thanks Patti, that's what I thought, I'm pretty sure he would enjoy it, he travels well in the car, will quite happily sit in his car seat and enjoys peering out the window. On walks he loves to meet and greet people, it certainly seems to brighten their day and I think for the elderly hospitalized people it would be a nice event in their day.