Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannah cat breeders

Hey I was wondering who you guys thought the top breeders are...

I am planning on getting either a f1 or f2 savannah (I already have a young male f3 from www.savannahcatbreed.com) but they don't have any other kittens available..

So which breeder do you think produces the best quality savannah (gold coloring , medium sized spots , cool patterns)

thanks in advance!

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat

I am planning on getting either a f1 or f2 savannah (I already have a young male f3 from www.savannahcatbreed.com) but they don't have any other kittens available..

So which breeder do you think produces the best quality savannah (gold coloring , medium sized spots , cool patterns)

thanks in advance!
You've come to the right place to ask about Savannah breeders. There are quite a few very good, reputable breeders that participate on these forums with kittens ranging from F1 on down the felial spectrum.

thanks in advance!
Me. I'm the best.

Sue. She's the best. My f1 is from her. Brigitte. She's the best. I have two cats from her. Paige. She's the best. She has gorgeous babies. Pam. She has amazing babies too.

Seriously, for the most part, you recommend who you know ;) there are many great breeders on this site-- it just depends on exactly what you want as well as need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

Lorre

thanks in advance!
Good evening Kep,

I have a litter of 5 f1 babies and today is their one week birthday. For their birthday I weighed (which I do every day) and sexed them and then took individual pictures to commemorate their first and only one week birthday.

I have two girls and three boys in the litter. I have a female of the same breeding who is a little over six months old and all legs at the moment. With her here one can see what can be expected of these kittens. She, Zi Zi, is a beautiful golden straw colored girl with black-black spots.

I test all kittens for the HCM and PK Def markers so I know when I place a kitten it is healthy as can be. I have recent references if you might be interested in contacting others who own my babies. Each cat and kitten I own are just that...my babies and I always want to be sure that they are going to the best possible home so I do ask questions and would want to have a vet reference.

If there is anything else I can tell you about my cats I will be happy to talk your ear off about them. You are in the exact right place to look for a quality kitten.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
From what you post, what you are really wanting is a recommendation for an F1 or F2 breeder not the "top breeders"...after all our breed is more than those early generations and someone could argue that the breed is truly the SBTs not F1-3...

I agree with the breeder recommendations already mentioned... but imho "best quality" is more than color and spots. It's fine to be fascinated by gold coloring and cool spot patterns but what makes a Savannah stand out next to all the other breeds that also come in a brown spotted form is their elegant structure. But we all have our personal preferences and my very first Savannah was very golden (just as I learned more I realized he looked like a big eared long legged Bengal, LOL!)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Maybe all these Breeders could compile a list of which F#/SBT they expect to sell & this question & the question of "Where do I buy one" question can simply (lol) be redirected to that spot....prices should always be private IMHO. Oh & Kelli Hardy aka Wild Tafari is #1 in my book...Eddies other mom. F2-F5....& she was recently blessed with more F2 babies!
Well there already is the Savannah Kittens available thread which I think is pretty much what you are asking for:
http://www.savannahcatchat.com/forums/savannah-kittens-for-sale-usa-and-canada.13/
http://www.savannahcatchat.com/forums/uk-europe-and-rest-of-world.14/

There is also a listing of breeders who participate here:
http://www.savannahcatchat.com/forums/savannah-cat-breeders/

and even a thread with reviews of some of the breeders:
http://www.savannahcatchat.com/pages/savannah-breeder-reviews/

morbius

Savannah Super Cat
all the breeders affiliated with this site are top notch providing excellent type and properly socializing their kittens. There is no best breeder. There is a subjective component.

admin

Paige
Staff member
all the breeders affiliated with this site are top notch providing excellent type and properly socializing their kittens. There is no best breeder. There is a subjective component.
I would say Sue from Amara Savannahs...but I am partial to an F1 breeder who participates here and loves helping and mentoring others