Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Savannah Cats and Christmas trees!

jungle boy

Savannah Super Cat
Our two F2 boys have an overwhelming need to destroy our Christmas tree! They remove our ornaments and bat them around the house. My younger one actually lives in the tree at times and they really tear it up. Now, I'm certainly not complaining because the kitties are much more important to me than a tree and frankly it is kinda fun watching their joy as they go to town on this tree.! To them, this tree is actually a giant cat toy and I'm quite happy for them. I'm curious though, do any of you have the same situation with their babies? :p

Patti

Admin
Staff member
You are a brave soul to attempt a Christmas tree in the home of Savannah dwellers! In future, if you intend to continue the tradition, you might want to consider shopping for unbreakable ornaments so that the environment is safer both for the tree and for the cats :up:

jungle boy

Savannah Super Cat
LOL! Thanks Patti! We actually do have all unbreakable ornaments! So it is definitely a safe situation for our beloved babies! They look like real glass, but they're shiny plastic! It's funny, but with the weight of Savannahs literally IN the tree, our tree is physically breaking down, LOL!!!! :)

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Pictures???? Where are the pictures????

Last year I put up a live tree without ornaments or lights and cats left it alone. This year with a kitten in the house, I wasn't in the mood for the constant clean up.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hey George, that is funny that you put up a tree with 2F2s in the house

Where have you been?

jungle boy

Savannah Super Cat
Hey George, that is funny that you put up a tree with 2F2s in the house

Where have you been?

Haha! I know, what was I thinking!!! I did suggest to Suzie that we just go with a plain undecorated tree for the kitties. I told her at least it would be green, have the correct Christmassy shape, smell nice and be a great cat exercise toy!

As far as where have I been, just real busy with work, the kitties and now the holidays. But I have definitely felt like that there was something missing in my life and I just figured out what it was. It's SAVANNAHCATCHAT and all the awesome cat lovers on this site! :)

By the way Paige, I have a question about posting photos. When I try to do that, I get a message saying that the file is too large or something. What should I do to make them take up less than the usual 3MB or so?