Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannah Cats are NOT Hypoallergenic

admin

Paige
Staff member
I had 3 phone calls today about hypoallergenic savannah cats. All three people wanted a savannah because they or a loved one had allergies and "savannah cats are hypoallergenic".

Savannah Cats are not hypoallergenic! We have discussed it here and everywhere...they may be less allergic to some people, depending on the person, but....they are NOT hypoallergenic ;)

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
The amount of mis-information out there concerning Savannah cats is amazing.

Some of the goofball stuff I've seen on the internet makes me shake my head. Among the stupid comments were things about Savannah cats killing and eating the owner's other domestic cats and small dogs.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
I thought this was going to be one of this finish the sentence type things, like "Savannahs are not...very good at sharing the bed". So, to keep it in topic, Savannahs are not hypoallergenic and they are not good at sharing the bed. If allergic, you will have watery eyes and about 3 square inches of your king sized bed left for you.

How was that?

kabuki

Savannah Super Cat
i think so . my hubby nit allergic and has asthma. the closer to serval more hypoallergenic than domestic cat

Sent from my iPad