Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Savannahs and Natural Gas

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Does anyone have any issues with Savannah with gas Issues... Elsa has gas like you would not believe, and they are SBD's all the way...

LOL... Now I have a Dog that Belches worse than a Drunk, and a Cat that Farts worse than anything you have every been around. WOW, I feel special...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I think gas is usually related to diet. I have not had any gas problems while feeding Taste of the Wild. I've heard that cats on raw diets do not have gas.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I do occasionally give her some raw but it is not too often. I will start giving her more of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
I think gas is usually related to diet. I have not had any gas problems while feeding Taste of the Wild. I've heard that cats on raw diets do not have gas.
Well, Kovu once again defies the odds! He can clear a room. Nyah can as well, but they are few and far between, or she is just more polite and leaves the room. :eek:

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member

After reading your comment last night/early morning, I gave her some Raw, and her gas is still there, but does not seem as frequent... Will see what happens over the next few days/weeks... Once is a while is fine.. But Geez... Smells worse than ":poop::poop:"

Well, Kovu once again defies the odds! He can clear a room. Nyah can as well, but they are few and far between, or she is just more polite and leaves the room. :eek:

Maybe we could take our cats, bottle their gas, and sell it back to the Natural Gas Companies.. LOL It certainly would be easy to tell when you have a Gas Leak, and there appears to be no shortage of it.