Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Savannah's that love to snuggle

NikkiA

Site Supporter
We have three boys two of the three go beyond cuddling into the realm of being snugly.
If I get into bed, d comes, purrs, kneads, takes my hand between his paws and proceeds to purr himself and me to sleep.

Mickey is so suggly, so routinely that we have a name for it- being mickered in our house means the kitty has meowed at you, thrown himself in your arms belly-up, purring loudly, and demanded attention followed by making you late for work and/or both of you falling back asleep.

Do you have a snugly savannah?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Three of my 4 are purring head butting love machines. Juba follows me around whining when he wants picked up for a snuggle. Atticus body slams me and tries to trip me if I fail to immediately obey his snuggle needs. Taji starts yelling "momma" from wherever he is in the house which is the signal that I better sit down because he's on his way for cuddles.

Maliik never asks for snuggles but he definitely enjoys it when I seek him out. He just makes me initiate it all the time. And what passes for snuggling with him is me petting him and massaging his neck and shoulders. Sometimes he'll sit beside me on the couch but most times I'm doing it while he's either in the cat tree or on one of his favorite cat beds.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Baz is my most snuggly one... he always wants to be snuggling, whether it is bed, the couch watching tv or me on the computer chair.

But all jostle for position at night to be near us. Missy likes to curl up tight against my side or back. Zari prefers the back of my knees (but Baz competes for there too) or at my feet...Nina prefers stretching out near and pinning my legs and feet. Lila often now ends up on the pillow above my head. This evening she was settled on my belly with a very contented blinky-eyed face which was new for her.

During the day they are more likely to ask for play, although any time I've been sick (and that has been more common recently) they will happily adjust to playing nursemaid to me in bed.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
I do not have a snuggler yet. Kiki likes to wash, but not be snuggled Zidi is kind of quasi snuggler but no pick up. Hoping Kizzi will fill those needs.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Spazzy Emma whom I got as an adult breeder and never produced a litter is incredibly high strung and I could barely touch her, until I got her spayed - now she loves being in my lap. She vies with Nyeusi, my potato chip girl and Cha'Risa my Highlander. My new boy Taji is also turning into a lap monger - my lap is rarely empty except when I shoo them all away.

Alicia

Savannah Super Cat
Lol Azize absolutely loves my fiance, and will snuggle constantly with him... Now that's allot of cat! He does cuddle with me too though, and if I get home and don't pick him up and cuddle him a bit he will follow me yelling until I do :)
Isabelle cuddles intensely but only when she wants it. When she is in the mood she will start yelling until we pick her up and hold and pet her... She will lay on her back, paws in the air for belly rubs :)
Sophie will come snuggle in bed when she's in the mood and Tylie loves to be petted all over but not held...

tj_johnson

Savannah Super Cat
Wow, I'm feeling a little jealous reading this!

Monkey LOVES my husband and will cuddle with him, but only rarely lowers herself to sit in my lap for more than 30 seconds ;) She will purr and allow herself to be petted and will allow us to pick up and carry her (especially my husband) but generally most of her affection is reserved for him. Especially her very enthusiastic hugs, which she loves to stand up and give!

Does this mean it's time to look for a second Savannah? Hmmm....

Trish Allearz

Wow, I'm feeling a little jealous reading this!

Monkey LOVES my husband and will cuddle with him, but only rarely lowers herself to sit in my lap for more than 30 seconds ;) She will purr and allow herself to be petted and will allow us to pick up and carry her (especially my husband) but generally most of her affection is reserved for him. Especially her very enthusiastic hugs, which she loves to stand up and give!

Does this mean it's time to look for a second Savannah? Hmmm....

Chase is cuddling with me right now ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk