Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

She calls herself a rescue?!

A

Alice

Ok so I was browsing around bored on Facebook and stumbled upon a rescue not too far from me with savannah kittens. I was like oh how interesting!! I wonder how much they are asking for them? They were on display at Petsmart apparently.
Lady gets back to me and says $1000 a piece. Did I mention they are F5's and 6's?? My jaw dropped, I was like seriously?!! I know breeders who sell for less than that!! Then she gave me some song and dance about how one of them cost her $5000 so now she is pricing them high.
Now I have seen that she has gotten quite a few Savannahs over the years and has been reselling them..... Smells rotten to me!!! She is a not for profit organization...
She tried to threaten to sue me for slander! I said you aren't intimidating me, I work for an entire team of lawyers :)
I'm sorry but this lady is getting under my skin....
Here is a link to the picture of her latest Savannahs, anyone ever hear of her or her rescue? Am I totally off base here?? If so, I stand corrected....
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...=m_notif&notif_t=photo_reply&__user=814270206

That seems to be what is happening there...
Flipping kittens? A lot of so-called dog rescues will have a ton of purebred older puppies/dogs and that's what they are doing- they take the breeders' surplus stock (obviously crappy breeders), slap the term 'rescue' on it and sell the dogs. I think the breeders get a kick back- but even if they don't- heck, they just opened up their kennels to breed more puppies.

It infuriates me. It gives breeding a bad name, it gives rescues a bad name...