Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

She deserved what she got

D

Dantes

It seems there's more to the story...I feel bad for both the cat and the woman: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/24221193/viewer-video-horrible-cat-attack

Melvin, Michigan resident Maxx says all she was trying to do was protect her mother's dog.

This summer she had taken in a stray cat, whom she named 'Buddy.'

On November 30, 'Buddy' attempted to attack the dog and that's when Maxx tried to shoo him away.

As you see in the video taken by a security camera, she tries kicking snow at him. 'Buddy' responds by leaping at her head.

He sinks his teeth front and back teeth into her forehead, causing a gash. He also claws her face, leaving marks on her cheeks.

"Your first reaction was to get him off and when I went to go pull, I could feel his teeth," says Maxx.

Maxx ended up in the hospital and says she ended up getting an infection that manifested into cellulitis, causing her face to swell. (See the photo she submitted.)

Sanilac County officials picked up the cat and tested it for rabies. To do that, 'Buddy' had to be put down. The tests came back negative.

Maxx, who owns three other cats says, "I actually saved him from someone who was going put him down and he was sweet as pie. When they came to get him I couldn't even watch because even though he did that to me, I couldn't see them take him away because I knew what they were going do to him."

Maxx says she is still a cat lover and that she would try to save another stray if she could.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/24221193/viewer-video-horrible-cat-attack#ixzz2nrACeoXS

D

Dantes

I was curious after reading this story...the cat did not have rabies. What else could cause a cat to be sometimes "sweet as pie" but then suddenly strike out against other pets or humans?

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
It is a sad story. Good for her that she is still willing to help other cats. However, she should have used another technique. One or two shoo motions usually does the trick along with taking the dog out of harms way. The constant harrasment is what put the cat in fight mode and my money is on the cat every time.