Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Shipping

Suzanne H

Savannah Super Cat
I was wondering how the kittens are shipped?
Is it better faster to ship rather than coming to get them with the possibility of a long drive back to the new home?
As usual Thanks,
Suzanne

M

MK Anderson

My Keeba was shipped Continental air which I think is the best airline for cat shipping. They did a wonderful job and I got text message set up on my phone to know what was going on. Keeba was up set when I picked him up, but as soon as he came out of the cage he was fine and all purrs.
If I could pick up I would prefer to do so, but sometimes it's just not possible.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I think it depends where the kitten is coming from. I prefer to pick mine up in person, but Zuri was flown via Continental and was fine when she arrived...I would now fly to pick up the kitten if I had to and fly back with it.

B

Breheart

I haven't ever had a kitten flown, but isn't it true that they get some nice vet meds to help calm and relax them first? If so that should help ease it a lot. I always worry about potential potty accidents mid flight =/ especially on an 8+ hour flight. I'm sure the breeders here will have more input than I know, just throwing some assumptions out there :)

M

MK Anderson

Keeba didnt have meds or have an accident. he was delayed 2.5hrs. almost 10hr ride, no wonder he was pissed lol he came out purring. the first thing he did was use the litter at home tho. oh and eat LOL

B

Breheart

Well no not sedated, but just like a calming med? not completely knocked out. Maybe that's not the same thing or wrong words I'm using anymore lol. I remember when Alisha got Kronos that he was on some meds when he flew here in October.

admin

Paige
Staff member
IDK - maybe some breeders still do that...many do not...no calming meds, no meds...due to the possibility of respiratory depression risk because of decreased O2 levels.