Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Snoring

Gaius'momma

Savannah Super Cat
He has done it since we got him and has seen a vet...so I ruled out sickness was just worried maybe he had a nasal passage issue with the very horrible circumstances in which we got him

Gaius' Momma

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I don't know (or remember?) what horrible conditions you got Gaius under, but cats can develop permanent damage to their nasal passages if they go for extended periods of time suffering from untreated upper respiratory infections. However, I wouldn't worry too much about snoring, a lot of cats snore without having anything seriously wrong with them.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Only my British Shorthair seems to snore, and he's got that short nose which I think causes the issue...

As Patti says, it could be nothing...but if a cat has had chronic upper respiratory infections then that can lead to scarring too.

Gaius'momma

Savannah Super Cat
We contacted a breeder in our area and went to look. We got there and this poor tiny kitten was in a cat carrier. All he had was a baby receiving blanket. No water no Momma cat. When I was able to get him out he had matted eyes and crust on his nose...needles to say I payed for him and took him home and called the vet. He was treated for lots RI and really bad worm infestation. I believe his snoring is lasting effects. I reported her immediately. I love our baby boy...he was only 6 weeks old and we nursed him to a healthy kitty.

Gaius' Momma