Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

SO excited for Schrödinger's arrival!

Lil Demon's Mom

Savannah Super Cat
Okay, so excited to announce that we were approved to adopt an adorable little guy from Spotlight Savannahs! My son decided that his name will be Schrödinger, because he is in love with quantum physics. Anyways... I've been out at the pet store and looking online, but can't find anything that seemed like it would be a good product for:

Kitten training leash
Dental care set (most of the kitty toothpaste I found has corn or wheat products in it)
and I'm looking for a nice size (nothing too huge) sisal rope cat tree. But everything I'm finding with sisal rope is either small or is mostly covered in carpet with a small amount of sisal rope.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Congratulations on your new baby! When does he come home to you? Do you have any pics you can share?

I'm not sure what you are looking for in a 'kitten training leash', IMHO the harness or walking jacket is a much more important item and should be the first thing to consider if you want to leash train your kitten - otherwise, any leash will do. I don't know anything about dental cleaning sets so can't help you out there.

As for the cat tree, it will probably be hard to find something that doesn't have carpet on it. Some of the Pet Tree Houses (one of this forum's sponsors) has some trees with sisal and minimal carpeting - you might want to check them out: http://www.pettreehouses.com/

DChap

Site Supporter
Welcome! I ordered our cat tree from mountaincattrees.com, then added more sisal to the posts and covered the platforms with thick placemats. Tojo loves it!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Congratulations on the new kitten!

In terms of a less-carpet cat tree, it depends on styling....the more modern styles will have less carpet and then you can also find some that use faux fur instead of carpet and I've found those to last better in the past also...

Lil Demon's Mom

Savannah Super Cat
Congratulations on your new baby! When does he come home to you? Do you have any pics you can share?

I'm not sure what you are looking for in a 'kitten training leash', IMHO the harness or walking jacket is a much more important item and should be the first thing to consider if you want to leash train your kitten - otherwise, any leash will do. I don't know anything about dental cleaning sets so can't help you out there.

As for the cat tree, it will probably be hard to find something that doesn't have carpet on it. Some of the Pet Tree Houses (one of this forum's sponsors) has some trees with sisal and minimal carpeting - you might want to check them out: http://www.pettreehouses.com/
He'll come home in April. I'll add some photos when I can get on my computer. I've already found a nice kitten jacket for my little man, just need to wait until he's about ready to come home to get his measurements for it to be made. Just didn't know if one leash as better over another for walking him.

D

Dantes

I'm sorry, but I just have to ask....

Will your son perceive the cat as alive or dead?

And better yet, was this something the breeder asked? If I were a breeder, it would be an important question....