Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

So where does this put us Savannah lovers?

Wyldthingz

Savannah Super Cat
Savannahs are dog-like but they aren't like dogs. I guess I would put them in the category of some dogs. I have a dog I swear is really a cat. He was a bottle baby so no surprise. I think he missed some doggy-social cues. Savannahs do appear to dog-lovers more than some cats! They appealed to me!

Rafiki

Site Supporter
One of the F2's from Halestone is called "Savannah Dat"......as in "Savannah Dog-Cat"! I love the name Dat for a SV!

sacred

Savannah Super Cat
Well the study did say us cat people are smarter than dog people. A no brainer.
I don't like cats - at all - but I love Zahra. An early generation Savannah Cat is, to my eye, categorically different than both dogs and cats. You're getting a wild cat without all of the wild cat drama/pain. It's a fantastic compromise.

Rafiki

Site Supporter

Some background: Lousy video - I am NOT skilled at this to put it mildly! I was trying to capture Rafiki chattering to Steve. She is a fairly quiet cat and seldom meows as she chatters instead. She chatters the most when we want to take a shower so I was trying to capture this as she stood on the shower enclosure. Of course, being a cat, she did not cooperate. Unlike Zahra, she is a "cool" BST. And yes, I have a very lovely 80's pepto-bismal-pink bathroom in dire need up updating!

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Yeah....brief moment of chatter. Lil stinker normally chatters for 5 - 10 minutes straight every morning - unless I try to film it of course!

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
So you got one of those savannahs, too. Mayhem just loves to jump up on the top rail of the shower doors. We drape towels over the top rail, Mayhem doesn't care if his footing is a little slippery. He can jump from the floor to the top rail. Drives me nuts doing this.:mad: