Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soft lumps on surface of skin

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
My F3 has had these for a couple years now and some new ones had formed too. My vet didn't know what it was and didn't seem very concerned about it. Any input would be appreciated...Thanks! Newton.JPG

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks Brigitte for the info....I thought I should have another vet look at those bumps...The only other animal hospital I know that would really know, would be called Midwest Bird & Exotic Animal Hospital near Chicago. Some of those soft lumps are a little bigger than the one on his head and some are smaller too.

cbain

Site Supporter
Get a second opinion and a biopsy to be safe . hope it's not a health problem for your spotted friend

Last edited:

Patti

Admin
Staff member

It may very well be a simple fatty tumor, but if no one can tell you for sure you may find peace of mind by getting a biopsy.

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
I agree, if you can afford it :up: get the 2nd opinion & a biopsy; perhaps an explanation as well. that doesn't look UNDER the skin,
courtesy of: http://www.klattmobilevet.com/topic-Lumps-Growths-and-Cancer.aspx :not worth it:Sebaceous cysts are often confused for growths, when in fact they are oil-producing glands that can become clogged and as a result enlarged. They range in size from mosquito-bite size to an inch or more in diameter. They often have a semi-soft feel to them as well as irregular margins. Sebaceous cysts contain a whitish to gray greasy paste-like combination of oil, bacteria and cells. Occasionally they can open up and ooze on their own; but will usually fill back up. Sebaceous cysts should be removed if they become messy or are constantly irritating. Had a Persian years ago & that pic looks like her S cysts...

Last edited:

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think that a 2nd opinion and biopsy seem a good approach. I had my beagle's lumps biopsied to make sure they were benign...

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
die
Thanks for the info Eddies, the soft lumps on my F3 don't really look like the ones posted here....the ones on him are above the skin....he's been having these for over a couple years now and I will get them checked out from another vet if this one don't work out.