Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Something on the corner of her mouth

Remi's Mommy

Savannah Super Cat
Not sure what it is, sorry could get a better picture at the time. Noticed it the other day, it starts about a half an inch from the corner of her mouth on the right side. It is pink. The other side is black the whole way around. Almost looks like when a cat bites and electrical cord. Is never bothered with anything like that. So I thought maybe she got nipped by a mouse. I was thinking of calling the vet, but thought I would check with you guys first to see what you think. I will try to get a better picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Definitely I would suggest a vet visit to check that out. Can you see closer to try to discern if it is a burn (from your idea about an electrical cord) or more inflammation/infection from a wound? It might also be something like eosinophilic granuloma (rodent ulcer)... the picture doesn't seem too focused near the mouth to really see what that area looks like...at least enlarged on my computer screen.

Connie P.

Savannah Super Cat
Definitely I would suggest a vet visit to check that out. Can you see closer to try to discern if it is a burn (from your idea about an electrical cord) or more inflammation/infection from a wound? It might also be something like eosinophilic granuloma (rodent ulcer)... the picture doesn't seem too focused near the mouth to really see what that area looks like...at least enlarged on my computer screen.
I would definitely be making a cat visit. Hopefully, it is just something simple.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
It could be a spider bite, is she bug crazy? I had a DSH that was mad for spiders in particular and had a few bites over his life that looked similar. Hard to tell from that angle. Hope it is something simple!

Remi's Mommy

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you everybody for your thoughts. We went to the vets today. He gave her a shot of steroids and antibiotics . He said it looks like a food type allergy. My sister about two weeks ago got her some nature instinct for a treat. Vet said that could have flared it up. He said to get rid of it. He said I should see a big improvement in a few days. If not, then he wants to see her again to send off some cultures. I will keep you all posted and thanks again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk