Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

starfell

cbain

Site Supporter
Has anyone here heard of Starfell Savannah's in Michigan , they have a F2 kitten that I am interested in and I have contacted them and I think they are new breeders but I do like the kitten but I would like reassurance from someone here who knows them before I make a commitment , just one more Savannah

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
OH I'd love to see the F2 kittens using Dream instead though...Dream is my Zak's brother and those Wyldthingz boys are so handsome.

Personally, given the heritage of both parents, in this kitten I'd expect to see what John Popp and others have described...the more Bengally type of Savannah. So it depends on your preference is on whether this is the kitten for you!

Additionally, I think Anatole is a careful type of breeder so would not have homed Dream with these people if they weren't good people...so that is a plus on their side :)

Trish Allearz

Some people are not very computer literate though-- I wouldn't base my decision off of that. Hah-- if people did, they never would have brought any of my Mom's babies home! (She had the worse page for a while there-- LOLOL.)

Good luck on finding your perfect baby, CBain!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
True, all a slick website says is that the person is handy with a computer, or willing to pay someone to do that for them...

My personal likes in cattery websites are ones with lots of pictures of the breeding cats (so not just one picture of each queen or stud) and mention of the full name of the cat (as I think you should acknowledge the catteries they might come from as that selection reflects on you as a breeder too).

cbain

Site Supporter
I sent them a Email with pictures of our Savannah cats and some questions and they responded and wanted to talk and I had a 45 min. talk with the breeder and it went very well, She liked the idea of her kitten going to a Savannah home and they will drive the kitten to me in a few weeks when he's 12 weeks old due to my foot operation , they also gave me a good price ,not much more than Cody monster from Select Exotics, Cody is a great cat but a little to smart and very bold, Thanks Everyone for your advice . Savannah fever

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I am sure the price was much more reasonable than Select Exotics! LOL!

I like that they are willing to drive the kitten to you... they get to check out your house which is nice as a breeder :)

cbain

Site Supporter
I always respect your opinion Brigitte , I will move on the kitten , my Savannah cats live very well we spoil them big time

Last edited: