Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Started GOOD.. Ended REAL BAD

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Today started off great, but Ended BAD...

I normally start off with what happened first, but tonight Elsa Really needs everyone's prayers. Today from somewhere she found a small Silcon Gel Pack and started eating.. She did not get much of it, but I rushed her to the VET. They induced vomiting to get rid of it, and then the she had a Siezure, followed by Cardiac Arrest. She is doing ok right now, but to all of my friends that believe in the power or Prayer, please pray for her... Tonight she is in the Emegerency Vet Hostpital and they are giving her a 50 50 Chance.

Now for the good...
Elsa-1.JPG Elsa-2.JPG
Starting play time rihgt after breakfast she hit it hard
Elsa-3.JPG Elsa-4.JPG
While watching TV, she just could not keep her eyes off of me... Never did anything.. Just staring me down..
Elsa-5.JPG Elsa-6.JPG
This afternoon she decided to reset on my computer keyboard (again) and did some ebay searches for camera gear.
Elsa-7.JPG Elsa-8.JPG
After an exhausting time she decided it was time for a nap and had a GREAT DREAM!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Oh gawd John, I am so sorry. Sending healing vibes to Elsa. I won't be able to sleep tonight worrying about both of you. Hugs hugs hugs.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Prayers, prayers, and more prayers for you and Elsa. I am so sorry. Savannahs kittens are like having small children, and you cannot possibly keep your eye on them all the time or know what will be unsafe for them....please keep us posted....hugs.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Because of the way the Emergency Vet works, I have to pick her up at 7:30 in the morning... I was by her side at my vet from 4PM til 9PM (they close at 6). Once she was stable, I transported her to the Emergency Vet. One thing that is on her side is the Vet who is working the Emergency Vet tonight normally works in my Vets office. She was the one that saved her life and I was told that it is nothing more than a Miracle... I believe in Miracles and Prayer... Early in the morning we will either be going back to our regular Vet or back home.... I am hoping to be coming back home.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I had no idea the siilcone packets were toxic to cats, though I immediately throw them away here. I will be adding this to my Kitten Dangers List...:(

Patti

Admin
Staff member
John, I am so sorry to hear of Elsa's mishap, I am sending prayers her way right now - please keep us posted!

Wild Tafari

Savannah Super Cat
John, our prayers are with Elsa and you. We sincerely hope for a speedy recovery and that you will be bringing her home tomorrow...

Loved her video. She is absolutely adorable.

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
Oh John, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet baby. Prayers, good vibes and all positive thoughts going your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
You and Elsa will be in my thoughts!! I love your daily posts about her. Her video on this one was just precious. The music is the same as a stuffed animal I had as a child..

I hope she gets better quickly. She's just to precious..