Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky Mouse Trap (please help)

F/3

Savannah Super Cat
To make a long story short. Lost my Himalayan during the thanksgiving ruccuss. Found him several hours later in the garage with a sticky mouse trap stuck to his front paw. It was hard to even get it off his foot. Now his foot is covered in the glue. How do I get that off. Being a Himalayan his feet are very fury. Cutting it out is not an option. Had to leave for work. I'm sure after he uses the litter box he will have a foot covered in sand.

cbain

Site Supporter
I would try a little rubbing alcohol and if it's still sticky,veg. oil will stop that, your cat will want to lick it's foot to clean it, I hope there was no poison in the glue. you may want to get your cat to a Vet. Best of Luck!

cbain

Site Supporter
If I was in this situation Mocha would be in Metro animal hospital ,Copley Ohio, let the Vets save your cat, my earlier advice was for at the moment as for now if the glue is still on your cat don't use something toxic , a DVM your is best move ! cats are easily poisoned ,but your fur friend is not easily replaced ! Patti's advice is good but some poisons can be taken in through the skin. I hope your cat is ok !

Last edited:

MM3

Site Supporter
To make a long story short. Lost my Himalayan during the thanksgiving ruccuss. Found him several hours later in the garage with a sticky mouse trap stuck to his front paw. It was hard to even get it off his foot. Now his foot is covered in the glue. How do I get that off. Being a Himalayan his feet are very fury. Cutting it out is not an option. Had to leave for work. I'm sure after he uses the litter box he will have a foot covered in sand.
I would try organic coconut oil, it may take time to come off but wont hurt kitty. Keep re-applying

kravenheart

Savannah Super Cat
I would also say take your cat to the vet. Like others have pointed out, many of the sticky mouse traps are poisoned as well.

cbain

Site Supporter
Glad to hear this , nothing worst than a sick cat , I also had a bad scare today, our male varmint wanted outside today in his run, weather is bad in this part of Ohio so after 10 min. I opened the door to his run and called him and no cat in sight or no answer so I got my boots and ran to the woods and was going to track him in the snow, I thought he had a 10 min. head start, but as I passed his run to the woods he called back, he was safe in his run, never drop your guard with a Savannah cat. He put me in shock by hiding in his run and laying low until I paniced , it's the Savannah cat way

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I'd probably have tried something like Goo Gone to get the glue out then wash it out with pet shampoo and much rinsing. Very glad the trap was a "no poison" one though, whew!